Important COVID procedures:
- Please bring your own mat & props
- Class will be outside on the deck, weather permitting
- Wear your mask to the building
- We will distance 6′ apart
Kress Pavilion is excited to host “Finding your Center Movement Classes”
In collaboration with independent choreographer and Juilliard Alumni, Elizabeth Clark, Kress Pavilion host “Finding your Center* Movement class on Thursday mornings at 9 AM
Set in the Great Hall on Wednesday mornings, the class will include music, flexibility and strength building in a casual atmosphere. The class will facilitate “finding your center” with breath and body balance. Starting from the ground upward to the top of your head, we will practice movements which connect you with your body, heart and intellectual wholeness. This new class will also enhance and complement your current Yoga practice. Particular “hand gesture” routines can improve cognitive functioning as well as eye and hand co-ordination. Our “spinal mobilization” movement series is a movement path toward the prevention of osteoporosis. Visualizations and “mental sense impressions” will improve ease in daily life, improve well being and the quality of relaxation.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR: Elizabeth Clark is an independent choreographer. Her educational background includes a BFA in Dance from Stephens College, Columbia, MO. Post-graduate studies include Special Studies in Dance Performance and Movement Science from the Juilliard School of Music and Teacher’s College, Columbia University, NY, NY. Elizabeth Clark has done Independent Study with Irene Dowd in Ideo- Kinesis for Dance Teaching and Performance. She has Certifications, Level I and Level II in Conscious Body Coaching from the National Wellness Institute. She is an Adjunct Faculty member for SUNY Empire State College developing Wellness and Movement Programs. Ms. Clark enjoys teaching all ages and levels in community settings.
* “Finding Your Center” is the title of an article on Functional Anatomy by Irene Dowd from her book, Taking Root to Fly. Ms. Dowd is an Internationally known teacher, choreographer and expert in movement Research. Her digital archive of choreographic training materials is viewable at irenedowdchoreographies.com