Started in 2009, the Egg Harbor Historical Society’s mission is to make Egg Harbor History come alive for future generations through the collection, preservation and sharing of the heritage of Egg Harbor.
Prior to 2009 there was no organization dedicated to historical preservation of the community of Egg Harbor, but there were several independent efforts with preserved photographs and documents, written historical narratives, art, preserved structures and even video presentations.
Their mission is to bring these efforts out into the open by collaborating with those who have an interest in Egg harbor history and initiating their own efforts where there is a need for financial resources and collaborative ventures.
For more information about the Egg Harbor Historical Society, visit: EHHS
Wednesday History Hour:
Join the Egg Harbor Historical Society for their free, weekly summer programs at the Kress Pavilion. Starting on June 13, the EHHS will be hosting Wednesday History Hour programs from 3:30-4:30pm.
Programs are as follows:
– June 13- Egg Harbor Township est. 1861: Horseshoe Bay, Carlsville, and Carmody Prarie
– June 20- Historic Happenings of Egg Harbor and Door County. “Things Were Really this Way?”
– June 27- Seeing History from Above. “Exploring History from the Deck of the Kress Pavilion”
– July 11 – “Door County’s Stories” (from Wisconsin Hometown Stories)
– July 18 – “Harvey Haen.. Family Man, Egg Harbor’s Mr. Fix it, Inventor or whatever needed inventing, philosopher, first village president, one of the fire chiefs..”
-July 25 – “Egg Harbor Township before the 1900s: Horseshoe Bay, (K) Carlsville, Carmody Prarie, Egg Harbor’s Village and Areas North…”
Renting The History Center
With a 50” flat screen TV featuring current tele-conferencing capabilities and a board room meeting table, this room has a comfortable seating capacity for 8 people. This room is available for rent Monday-Sunday 8 am – 10 pm outside of regularly scheduled library programs.
Room Rental Rates
Village of Egg Harbor Residents: $20/Hour | Non-Residents: $30/Hour