Join our Events & Marketing Team!
The Donald and Carol Kress Pavilion is a library community center located in the Village of Egg Harbor, WI. Opened in 2018, Kress Pavilion offers events space for 10 to 150 guests. The facility hosts corporate team-building events, nonprofit fundraisers, hands-on workshops, and programs in conjunction with Door County Library. The Kress Pavilion is owned by the Village of Egg Harbor and is used heavily as part of the Village’s comprehensive wellness plan. The Village prides itself in providing free and paid public programming to the community
General Overview: The Event Director & Property Manager is a key leadership position reporting to the Village of Egg Harbor Administrator. This position is responsible for marketing and event promotion, client relationships, collaboration with library staff on joint programming, financial management, as well as hands-on building and operational management. This position oversees all aspects of the Donald & Carol Kress Pavilion including building operational performance including maintenance, budgeting and financial controls and reporting, client communications, and marketing for events and programs to meet or exceed revenue goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Marketing, event promotion and management:
- Solicit, negotiate, and book new and repeat business through various marketing efforts to maximize revenue and to meet/exceed revenue goals. Develop marketing activities unique to the region that support the business unit in the region.
- Present monthly marketing activities report to Village Administration staff to be shared and presented to both the Village Library Community Center Committee and Village Board.
- Review and update facility information on a timely basis regarding space, room capacity, pricing, set up times, and procedures.
- Participate in selection of local and state advertising channels and public relations within region to execute marketing strategy. Some elements may also involve travel.
- Establish and maintain relationships with strategic local and regional partners.
- Conduct marketing surveys on current and new promotional concepts and provide feedback for future markets development related to local and regional markets.
- Establish and maintain event processes, protocols and procedures in a fashion that ensures high quality, predictable experiences for customers. Ensure that customers are highly satisfied with their experience.
- Maintain an accurate and overall awareness of the Donald & Carol Kress Pavilion operation and coordinate functions accordingly.
- Coordinate maintenance on all building, M&E inspections, and repairs in conjunction with the Village’s Parks and Public Works staff when necessary. Report any unsafe equipment or unsafe work practices. Utilize protective equipment when necessary. Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment.
- Provide oversight of contractors and maintenance personnel for property.
- Supervise, train, and oversee the Donald & Carol Kress Pavilion, support staff members, maintenance staff, and other temporary support staff as necessary to manage the promotion and execution of events and programs. Support staff members are also trained to manage facility and events during evening and weekends, with the Events Director and Property Manager needing to fill in on evenings or weekends if other staff is unavailable.
- Supervise, train, and oversee the weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly property maintenance, driven by maintenance and cleaning schedules and checklists.
- Develop, articulate and implement business plans for the property that are consistent with the Village’s needs and objectives.
- Assistant in the development of the department budget. Track department revenue and expenses assist annual budget and provide monthly reports as necessary.
- Aid Village Clerk Treasurer in department specific cash receipting, fee collection, and accounts payable and receivable activities.
- As a member of the Village of Egg Harbor team the Donald & Carol Kress Pavilion will also be assigned duties relative to participation in Green Tier Community, Public Arts Initiative of Egg Harbor, and Egg Harbor Business Association efforts and events.
- Work closely with the Friends of the Donald & Carol Kress Pavilion and Library Community Center Committee to identify new fundraising and grant opportunities to support programming and building operations.
- Collaborate with library staff on any library related programs and activities, as support for building visitors and patrons.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration or equivalent.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in event planning and marketing. Previous event or hospitality experience a plus.
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
• Self-starter with a passion for events.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public.
• Strong team building skills with an ability to lead individuals in achieving a common goal.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, social media, Adobe InDesign, and Canva.
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities.
• Analytical skills to determine metrics/targets and best practices.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
• Experience with budget management and ability to articulate financial matters.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed including days, nights, and weekends.
• Nonprofit fundraising experience a plus.
• Frequent reaching, sitting, standing, walking, talking, seeing, and hearing
• Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
• Work is typically performed in both standard office and outdoor environments, with potential exposure to adverse weather conditions.
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000 annually, DOQ.
The Village of Egg Harbor offers the following benefits:
Health insurance – Village pays 90% of premium
Dental insurance – Village pays 90% of premium
Vision insurance– Employee pays 100% of premium
Wisconsin Retirement System
Life insurance – Village pays for basic & supplemental premium
Vacation, sick, personal leave, and paid holidays
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested parties should complete an employment application (available at www.villageofeggharbor.org or the Village Office) and submit a cover letter, resume, salary history and references to Megan Sawyer, Village Administrator at email@example.com ; 7860 State Hwy 42, PO Box 175, Egg Harbor, WI 54209; 920-868-3334; by 4:00 p.m. January 2nd 2023. Confidentiality must be requested by applicant and cannot be guaranteed for finalists.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
4:00 p.m. January 2nd 2023.